We make data delicious.
Venga revolutionizes the way restaurants connect with their customers. Using big data, Venga empowers restaurants to seamlessly track and analyze their customer's purchases, habits, and preferences to personalize the guest experience, power targeted marketing, and build true loyalty. Venga is used by international restaurant groups and celebrity chefs like Mario Batali and Michael Mina. We’re backed by venture capitalists, restaurant industry executives, and Cornell University.
Ready to build something big?
We want to work with people that thrive in an unstructured, startup environment. We want people that are creative and independent – folks who solve problems they haven’t even been asked to solve. Do you want to punch a clock and be home in time for Judge Judy every day? Look elsewhere, buddy. We don’t keep track of how much or when you work, just what you accomplish.
At Venga you’ll need to speak up and be heard, pitch in wherever and whenever needed. And in return, you’ll have the most rewarding (in many ways) work experience of your life.
Ready to take on a lot of responsibility?
As our Director of Sales you’ll be leading our small but powerful Sales and Business development team. You’ll also be directly handling key account sales for our largest and most influential customers. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Hitting individual sales goals for our large and enterprise accounts
- Taking over the existing pipeline and pushing deals across the finish line
- Closing approximately 8-12 deals per year
- Maintaining an individual close rate of 20-25% of opportunities generated by our business development team
- Reducing average sales cycle time
- Overseeing the other members of the Business Development and Sales team
- Setting sales strategy, quotas, and goals
- Ensure business development campaigns and tactics are generating the appropriate number of opportunities to fill the top of the funnel
- Maintaining and updating our sales materials and demo
- Perfecting our sales processes, reporting, and analysis
- Maintaining and maximizing utilization of our Saleforce CRM
- Working with our operations team to ensure smooth handoffs of newly signed accounts from Sales to Account Manager
This position requires:
- 5+ years of B2B (preferably in SaaS) sales experience with an outstanding and demonstrable track record
- Experience successfully managing and developing other sales professionals
- A proven understanding of sales leadership technique including reporting and analysis
- Experience with Saleforce or a similar CRM as an administrator or power user
To be successful in this role we believe you will also need to be:
- Technical mindset – able to quickly understand complex systems and technology
- A natural problem solver – need to be able to ask the right questions to get to the bottom of issues and resolve them quickly, sometimes creatively
- Interested and understanding of what it's like working for a start-up including the ability to thrive in unchartered waters and tolerate ambiguity (if you thrive in big corporate environments with lots of pre-defined processes and bureaucracy, keep looking)
- Experience workingat a table service restaurant is preferred
We emphasize culture and look for people that share our values.
- Our Heart is in the Work: We work exclusively with individuals who are passionate about innovation and the company we’re building
- Teamwork Wins Championships: If one of us is has a problem, we all have a problem
- Magic Not Sausage: We jump through hoops to deliver only spectacular experiences for our clients
- Think Like an Owner: Everyone is an owner in this company and is proactive in identifying what needs to be done and taking action
- Run Towards Criticism: We seek constant improvement of ourselves and our products.
Benefits? Yeah we got benefits.
Our office, a newly renovated building in the Union Market District, comes complete with cornhole, ping pong, giant Jenga, and our fridge is stocked with snack and drinks. Every Friday we go out for a company-sponsored lunch at a different DC restaurant. In the last year we’ve battled each other at Top Golf, bowled at Pinstripes, “Escaped the Room”, and gotten tipsy all over DC at our monthly happy hours. Oh, and did we mention we get invited to tons of restaurant openings?
Venga also offers a continuing education benefit where the company will pay for up to half of any classes you'd like to take to hone your skills. And there’s all the regular stuff too including salary, commission, stock options (yep, you’ll be an owner), company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, pre-tax transportation expense plan, blah biddity blah blah.
Send in your resume to email@example.com along with a straightforward paragraph or two describing your background, how you meet the job requirements, and why you are going to crush it at Venga.