Venga helps the hospitality and fitness industries better understand their clients’ preferences and habits by integrating together the technologies they use most. At the core of our software, we connect reservation management software to untapped client data. This integration empowers organizations to enrich client experiences, promote operator efficiencies and, ultimately, drive turnout.
Join our fun, energetic culture as a tech intern! Enjoy the perks of our collaborative work environment like cornhole, giant Jenga, Venga-sponsored lunch on Fridays, and happy hours. Work closely with the development team on new features, technical proof of concepts, and task automation. If you love the restaurant industry (and free entry to some awesome events!) this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Experience with a subset of these technologies is preferred but not required
- Web: Ruby on Rails, React, .NET
- Data storage: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB
- DevOps: Amazon Web Services, Ansible, Docker
- Machine Learning: Conversational APIs, Sentiment analysis
We want to work with people that thrive in an unstructured, startup environment. We want people that are creative and independent – folks who solve problems they haven’t even been asked to solve. We’re not here to keep track of how much or when you work, just what you accomplish.
- Interest in working for a start-up technology company
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and ambitious. Manage projects from start to finish!
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week in our Washington, DC offices
This is an unpaid position, but we do provide a travel stipend. To apply, please send resume and brief (creative!) cover letter explaining why you’d be a great addition to our team to: email@example.com